In the meantime, I am going to be shameless and use this as a distraction:
Sometimes it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of your top five fic-favorites you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most.
1. Pandora's Box. [SPN, Season 3, Gen/Horror, A/A, Angst, Hunt Fic.] I am new to writing SPN, but this is the fic I just finished recently that is full of my own sweat and tears. I put a lot of heart and soul into it and it helped me get through a hard summer. I really wanted to tell a strong hunt fic tale, but still hit an emotional cord while keeping the characters as close to canon as possible. Plus, it was my first attempt at writing John. It will probably remain one of my faves for a long time.
Summary: After Sam opens a mysterious box, he and Dean find themselves battling the same bogey their father defeated sixteen years ago. As they fight alongside an unlikely ally to safeguard the town, Dean struggles to tie up loose ends in his life while Sam continues to search for a way to save his brother's soul. Word Count: 31,931.
2. Out of the Fire. [SPN, Season 3, Angst, Drama. Teen]. Another recent SPN fic. Again, I put a lot into this story and pushed hard to teach myself to become more of a narrative writer without losing my love and strength in dialogue. I think it came out nicely and hit all the right buttons emotionally.
Summary: Five years after the events in No Rest for the Wicked, Dean awakens to a changed world. He finds himself reluctantly joined with a group of freedom fighters who have one goal – destroy the tyrannical reign of Sam Winchester no matter the cost. Word Count: 9,097.
3. Echoes of Autumn. [SG-1, Season 8, Jack-centric, Jack and Daniel friendship, Team/Gen, PG-13]. This is probably the story I'm most well-known for in SG-1 fandom, but even if it wasn't, I would still feel it was my crowning achievement in that fandom. I don't think in my mind any of my others would or will ever top this one.
Summary: Jack awakens to find himself ten years into the future, but with no memory from the past decade. Alone and deemed clinically insane, Jack must work to figure out how to change the mistakes of the past, and bring back together the friends he once knew. S8. Novel. Angst/Mystery. Action/Adventure. Word Count: Over 50K.
4. While I Wait. [SG-1/SGA crossover of sorts, S8/S1, Ship, Elizabeth/Daniel, PG-13]. It's a well-known fact that I am a team/gen girl, but one who happens to write an unhealthy amount of ship. I find it fun to explore different possibilities. This story is one of those unexpected gems for me. I enjoyed writing it and to this day it's one of the fics I am most proud of. I think it always will be. Minor ship and not a well-known story, but it's mine and it makes me happy :)
Summary: When Elizabeth gets an unexpected visitor as she awaits the ancient Atlanteans' decision on her fate, an unlikely romance develops that not only spans galaxies, but time itself.
5. Russian Roulette. [SG-1, Season 5, Ship, Daniel/Janet UST - or strong friendship, Team, Action/Adeventure, Angst] This one of my least known fics, but in my opinion probably one of my best written ones. The ship aspects of it is so minor you might blink and miss it or read it as strong friendship, but I still keep it labeled as ship in case. I feel this fic has some of my best voices and is as close to the show as possible, while still having a darker undercurrent. That is why it will always be one of my faves.
Summary: Quarantined on a diseased planet, SG-1 becomes embroiled in a political conflict that threatens to destroy the population and the members of SG-1 themselves. S5, prior to Meridian. Novella.
That's it. There's the five. I'm very very picky, so you won't see me adding onto the list. I tend to fall out of love with my fics rather quickly LOL
Please be sure to do this too. :)