Current TV Shows
1. Supernatural - Still watching this one as it's half way through its 10th season. Craziness! The show is showing signs of age and isn't as good as it used to be, but then again, I didn't think all of the early seasons were golden, either. (S5, looking at you.) My biggest complaint is some dicey character choices they've made. I don't care about the plot as much as the characters, though good plot helps. That said, I am loving this season so this remains my fave show and the one I squee about. It helps that the actors continue to be passionate about it.
2. Continuum - Picked up this show on Netflix was instantly hooked. Smart TV here. Plausible look into what our future could be and the repercussions of messing with time. S1 and S2 are my faves, and they almost lost me in S3. I didn't enjoy it much at all. It has been renewed for a 4th and final season, shortened, so I will tough it out until the end.
3. American Horror Story - I watch this for the sheer weirdness. It's over-sexualized and half the time it's plot twists are dumb, but it's my "Don't give a care" show. Season 4 has been pretty meh considering it's about freak shows, but I'll keep watching. I just need to catch up on a couple of episodes.
Shows That I Casually Watch But Never Grabbed Me:
1. Constantine - I wanted to like this show. I really did. It's just not that good. It's too bad. This comic book really was one of the inspirations for Supernatural, yet Supernatural does the job much better. This show really just couldn't capture the spirit of the comics. It's certain to be cancelled, so I just watch the eps here and there when I feel like it.
2. Penny Dreadful - I really want to like this show. It's another supernatural horror type show, which historically tend to be my fave, but it's just missing something. I love the atmosphere. I love the creep factor. I love the period pieces. And the actress in this show is simply amazing. But I'm not compelled by it. It's dull somehow, despite having so many elements I love. Disappointing :(
So that's it! I don't have much time to watch TV, so I have to pick and choose. Most shows on TV don't really interest me right now anyway. Waiting for the pendulum to swing back to my type of shows. Though, X-Files returning is becoming a real possibility, so I am pretty excited about that. The thought that X-Files and Supernatural may be on the air at the same time just is so exciting, but SPN would probably be done by the time it was realized. A girl can dream!